Selvig Hall serves as the main administrative building for the campus. All major business affairs services are located here. UMN Crookston's Chancellor and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs also have their offices in Selvig, as well as many faculty and staff.
Location on Campus
Selvig Hall's primary location is on the east side of the University of Minnesota Crookston campus, south of Hill Hall, southwest of Owen Hall and west of Bergland Laboratory and the Agricultural Research Center.
2900 University Ave, Crookston MN 56716
Points of Interest
Selvig Hall was constructed in 1914. It was dedicated in 1951 and named for Conrad Selvig. Originally it served as a residence hall until 1966, when it was converted to the administrative building with the opening of the then new Technical Institute 2-year college. Conrad Selvig was appointed by the University Board of Regents to serve as school-station superintendent from 1910 through 1927. Selvig worked toward building the school, with developmental plans to allow for future needs. He organized the Red River Valley Winter Shows in 1910 and served as president through 1927.
Selvig's leadership in drainage matters led to the organization of the Red Lake and Clearwater River Conservancy project. The experiment station continued to test and introduce new and better varieties, including the introduction of Grimm alfalfa to the Valley. Livestock research continued to grow under Selvig's leadership. He was elected to Congress from the Ninth District in 1926 and served three terms.