The University of Minnesota Crookston appreciates your service to our community and country. The Office of Admissions is here to assist you through the admissions process for both online and on campus students.


  • On-campus and Online Students

    • August 1, 2024 - Fall 2024 Deadline
    • December 15, 2024 - Spring 2025 Deadline
  • International Students

    • June 1, 2024 - Fall 2024 Deadline
    • November 1, 2024 - Spring 2025 Deadline


Apply for Admission
  • Begin your application
  • No application fee!
  • First-year students: Apply as a first-year student if you have not attempted college credit after the summer of your high school graduation.
  • Transfer students: Apply as a transfer student if you have attempted college credit after the summer of your high school graduation.
Submit official transcripts
  • First-year students: Submit unofficial high school transcript
  • Transfer students: Submit official college transcripts from all schools you've attempted credit at
  • If you have additional college credit including military credit, CLEP, DSST, Joint Service Transcript, or CCAF make sure to submit all official transcripts and scores.
Get registered for classes

After Admission, work with your academic advisor to get registered for classes.

Apply for VA education benefits
Reach out to to our Veteran Specialist

Contact our Office of the Registrar for a VA Certifying Official


Expand all

Know Your Benefits

Know Your Benefits
Learn more about your GI Bill, education benefits or learn what tuition assistance is available to you.

Minnesota GI Bill
The Minnesota GI Bill® program was established in 2007 to provide post-secondary financial assistance to eligible Minnesota veterans and servicemembers. Eligible spouses and children of deceased or severely disabled eligible Minnesota veterans may also qualify. Full-time undergraduate or graduate students may be eligible to receive up to $3,000 per year and part-time students may be eligible to receive up to $500 per semester.

Federal GI Bill
The US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides education benefits to eligible servicemembers, Veterans, and their dependents or survivors. Federal GI Bill® benefits can be used to pursue your University of Minnesota degree or, in some cases, transferred to eligible spouse or children.

GI Bill Payments
Depending on what benefit or assistance you are eligible for the payment and coverage may vary. Learn the basic information about how your veteran benefit payment processes work, including GI Bill® programs, and what education-related expenses are covered.

Federal Tuition Assistance
The Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) program provides financial assistance to students currently serving in the National Guard, reserves, or on Active Duty. FTA can be used for voluntary education programs that support professional and personal self-development goals. FTA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning and is part of an approved academic degree or certificate program. We suggest that you get approval from your Educational Service Officer before you enroll in classes.

State Tuition Reimbursement
Members of a state's National Guard may be eligible for state education benefits, like the State Tuition Reimbursement (STR).

Surviving Spouse and Dependent Education Benefit
The Surviving Spouse/Dependent Education Benefit is administered by the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs.

Veteran Education Assistance
Veteran Education assistance is provided to Veterans in the form of a monetary grant for tuition to Veterans who have exhausted, through use, all of their GI Bill benefits to assist with completing a bachelor's degree.

GI Bill Comparison Tool
Learn about education programs and compare benefits by school.

Transfer Credit

We are Transfer-Friendly

The University of Minnesota Crookston prides ourselves in being a transfer-friendly institution. There are a variety of ways to transfer credit and apply towards your degree. Credit for nontraditional learning (AP, IB, CLEP, military schools, DANTES/DSST) will be accepted based on our policies.

Transfer Evaluation

Want to know how your previous college credits will transfer before you even apply? Request an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts by one of our professional advisors.

Fill out the form below or send us an email (umcinfo@umn.edu) with your major, semester you'd like to start, and attach your transcripts!

Free Transfer Evaluation Request

Please allow 5-7 business days for your transfer evaluation. U of M Crookston accepts all transfer credits that come from a regionally accredited college or University.

Financial Aid and Scholarships

In-State Tuition
All veteran students are eligible for in-state tuition.

Financial Aid and Scholarships for Veterans
Learn more about Financial Aid and Scholarships available for Veteran students.

Additional Scholarships for Veterans
The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs has compiled a list of scholarships available to veterans, their spouses and families.

VA Certifying Official & Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs Campus Representative

VA Certifying Official

Contact our Office of the Registrar for a VA Certifying Official

Get in Touch

(218) 275-5556
(218) 281-8569

Take the Next Steps