JUST WANT TO TAKE COURES?
The University of Minnesota Crookston offers many ways to enhance your educational and professional goals.
Students may enroll at UMN Crookston to take courses not in accordance with a degree program. As a 'Non-Degree Seeking Student,' they are not candidates for a degree but may later apply for degree-seeking status. Admissions criteria are more flexible for non-degree applicants.
Every Non-Degree Seeking Student:
- Must hold a high school diploma or educational equivalent (i.e. GED)
- Must demonstrate the ability to succeed in college level coursework
- Will be reviewed for admission on an individual basis
- Is not eligible for financial aid
- Students must fill out application each semester.
- To ensure a timely service, please provide all former and maiden names on your application.
- You are considered a non-degree student if you wish to take classes toward a degree at another institution, or wish to take classes for enrichment or professional development.
- You will NOT earn a certificate however, you may enroll in the same courses as the certificate program (but you could apply at a later point for the certificate program and apply your classes towards the program. At that point you will need official transcripts sent.)
- Transcripts are not needed to enroll in courses.
- Non-Degree Seeking students register for classes last, so class options might be limited.