Office of Admissions
Future Non-Degree Seeking Students
Students may enroll at UMN Crookston to take courses not in accordance with a degree program. As a 'Non-Degree Seeking Student,' they are not candidates for a degree but may later apply for degree-seeking status. Admissions criteria are more flexible for non-degree applicants.
Every Non-Degree Seeking Student:
- Must hold a high school diploma or educational equivalent (i.e. GED)
- Must demonstrate the ability to succeed in college level coursework
- Will be reviewed for admission on an individual basis
- Is not eligible for financial aid
How to Apply
- Non-degree applicants should apply using the Non-Degree Seeking Student Application (PDF).
- Students must fill out application each semester.
- Email your application to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are considered a non-degree student if you wish to take classes toward a degree at another institution, or wish to take classes for enrichment or professional development.
- You will NOT earn a certificate however, you may enroll in the same courses as the certificate program (but you could apply at a later point for the certificate program and apply your classes towards the program. At that point you will need official transcripts sent.)
- Transcripts are not needed to enroll in courses.
- These students register for classes last, so class options might be limited.
Non-Degree Seeking Student are not candidates for a degree but may later apply for degree-seeking status. Admissions criteria are more flexible for non-degree applicants.