Explore the Accounting Program
Earn your degree from an accredited Accounting program where you’ll manage, examine, and communicate the financial resources of an organization, all while paving the way to achieve your CPA or go straight into the field. With a bright mind and promising future, you’ll find a career in Financial Analysis, Public Accounting, Management Accounting, Banking, Taxation, or Finance, to name a few.
Accounting is a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree.
Title:Earn a University of Minnesota Degree
Title:Careers in Forensic Accounting and Auditing
Title:CPA Review Courses
Major in the making of you
Prepare for you CPA Exam Online While Earning College Credits
The Business Department at the UMN Crookston has teamed up with Gleim CPA Review to offer four CPA Review courses (12 credits) that can be taken online for college credit.
- ACCT 4511. CPA Review Course-- Regulation. (3 cr.) Prepares students for Regulation section of CPA exam. prereq: 4405
- ACCT 4512. CPA Review Course--Financial Reporting and Accounting. (3 cr.) Prepares students to sit for Financial Reporting/Accounting section of CPA exam. prereq: 4111
- ACCT 4513. CPA Review Course--Auditing and Attestation. (3 cr.) Prepares students to sit for Auditing/Attestation section of CPA exam. prereq: 4310
- ACCT 4514. CPA Review Course--Business Environment and Concepts. (3 cr.) Prepares students for Business Environment/ Concepts section of CPA exam. prereq: 3322
Earned Credits: Credits earned can be applied toward the 150-credit requirement to sit for the CPA exam.
Join the Accounting & Finance Society and network with members of the business community as well as learn from experienced professionals.
- Forensic Accounting & Auditing
- Tax Accountants & Consultants
- Financial Accountants & Managers
- Internal Auditors for Corporations or Government Organizations
- Banking and Management
Learn more about our Accounting minor.
Certificate in Taxation
The certificate is designed to prepare the student for a career in tax preparation, including individual, farm, business, trusts, estates, payroll, estate taxes, etc. It would also appeal to non-licensed paid preparers and to individuals interested in a new career as a tax preparer. In order to complete the certificate, students will take classes in income tax, tax preparation, and accounting systems. Complete the certificate with your degree or on its own. The Certificate in Taxation is offered on-campus or online.
AT A GLANCE...
Earning your 120 credit hour degree will set you up to take certification exmainations in Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Earn your Certificate in Taxation.
Complete our 4 CPA Review Courses.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredited. Learn more about what this accreditation means for you.
REAL. HANDS-ON. READY.
Meet your future professors
Ali SaeediAssociate Professor
Wm LeckieAssistant Professor
Image:Content:Hailee Rice transferred to the U of M Crookston, and soon found herself in the role of president of the Accounting Club. When the club’s advisor, Kara Bowen, invited a representative from Brady Martz to speak to the club, it opened up the opportunity for her internship.