Distinguished Faculty Service Award
The Distinguished Faculty Service Award was established in 2015 at the University of Minnesota Crookston to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to service. The purpose of this award is to promote and award UMC faculty's commitment to excellence in service.
How to nominate...
- Includes all full-time UMC faculty that have completed three or more years of service prior to nomination of the award.
- Nominations will be accepted from UMC students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
- Previous recipients are eligible after 5 years have passed from the last time the award was received.
- Files of unsuccessful nominees will remain active for two additional years for later consideration.
Nominations should include the following information, which can be uploaded to the appropriate Moodle site.
- Letter of nomination (submitted by the nominator) summarizing the nominee’s qualifications as they relate to the Evaluation Criteria (see next section).
- Vitae with:
- Departmental, collegiate, and university committee involvement
- Advising assignments
- Service commitments related to the nominee’s profession
- Community service
- Courses taught
- Publication record
- A statement by the candidate in which they have an opportunity to describe their philosophy towards service and/or elaborate on some of their activities stated in their vitae.
- Letters of support (2 minimum, 4 maximum) from individuals representing groups or organizations who are benefiting from the nominee’s service. The letters should address pertinent items listed under Evaluation Criteria. NOTE: Letters need to be solicited by an individual other than the nominee (e.g., nominator).
Review of all nominations and selection of the Distinguished Scholar Award recipient is the responsibility of the Faculty Awards Committee.
|Oct. 15 - Nov. 19, 2021||Committee begins seeking nominations|
|Nov. 20, 2021||Nominations cease|
|Feb. 18, 2022||Completed nomination materials due to committee chair|
|Apr. 15, 2022||Committee meets to vote on candidates|
|Apr. 22, 2022||Winners are forwarded to Chris Winjum|
|May 10, 2022||UMC Faculty/Staff Day - Recognition of recipient with presentation of plaque|