Connecting the Campus to the Outside World
University Relations leads and helps coordinate campus public relations. Some of the major public relations activities include:
- Coordination and staffing of a booth at the Polk County Fair in July
- Coordination and planning of UMN Crookston's activities for Crookston’s annual Ox Cart Days celebration in August, including hosting the annual Ice Cream Social and coordinating UMN Crookston’s participation in the Torchlight Parade.
- Planning and promotion of Maroon and Gold Fridays within the business community in Crookston.
- Coordinating appearances of Regal the Golden Eagle, UMN Crookston’s mascot, for non-athletics related events. (UMC Athletics coordinates Regal’s appearance at games and other athletics-related events.)
- Work with the City of Crookston on the development and operation of the Crookston Campus and Community Connection (also called C4), a group working to enhance the already strong relationship between the campus and the local community.
Public Relations Requests: contact Brandy Chaffee