Six reasons why to choose the ECDC
- Children are able to experience nature in a variety of settings, such as:
- going outside two times each day (weather permitting)
- participating in planting and harvesting produce at the ECDC garden
- going on campus field trips such as UMN Crookston Animal Science facilities (to see various farm animals), the Butterfly garden, the Bog garden and the Wildlife Museum
- Observation rooms for parents, staff, and students to observe children without disruption.
- Our staff provide a developmentally appropriate approach to learning, and strive to affirm the growth of the whole child in a positive, enthusiastic and stimulating environment.
- Classroom ratios meet and exceed the Minnesota Department of Human Services standards and reflects the guidelines set on the national level.
- On-site nursing room for nursing mothers.
- The ECDC offers UMN Crookston students majoring in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education practicum, field study, and observation experiences.