Thursday, October 5, 2023
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Sargeant Student Center
2022 List of Employers who attended the Fair*
* The full list of 2023 employers will appear in Handshake as they register.
Questions? Contact Nan Thurston - firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's get started...
Log into Handshake (link above) and complete your profile. Be sure to submit your resume as employers can look it over before the fair!
- Enter your UMC username and password and click the blue "Sign In" button
- Complete your profile.
- Follow 5 steps to jumpstart your Handshake experience:
- Log in and decide on your profile privacy level
- Upload your resume to your profile
- Complete your profile - add education, work experience, extracurricular involvement, skills, and a professional photo
- Explore Handshake - find companies and jobs that you're interested in learning more about!
- Follow jobs and employers you're interested in - you'll also receive alerts when the job application window is closing or when an employer is attending an event or career fair at the University of Minnesota Crookston
Before the fair:
- Review our Resume Guide
- Plan to target 3-5 organizations that truly interest you. Research the organizations attending using GoldPASS powered by Handshake, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, the UMN Business Reference Library, or a simple Google search.
- Visit Career Services in 270A Owen Hall. For resume review, email resume to email@example.com.
- Sign up for the Career Fair Preparation workshop! September 12th at 6 pm.
On the day of the fair:
- Dress in a way that is authentic to you, comfortable, and showcases how you would like to be viewed in a professional setting. It is also a good idea to dress in layers. If you have financial need for assistance obtaining professional clothing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring at least 10 copies of your resume.
- We suggest leaving extra items such as backpacks at home.
After the fair:
- Send thank you notes to the employers you talked to 24-48 hours after the fair.
- Connect with the employers you talked to on LinkedIn.
- If the employer asked you to follow up in any way, do so! (For example, apply on the employer's website, reach out on LinkedIn, etc.)
Thank You to Our 2022 Sponsors
... Platinum Sponsor ...
At Marvin, we’re driven to imagine and create better ways of living. Our culture is built on generations of family values that guide us to do the right thing. And as a premier company with locations across North America, we know we’re stronger together.
... Gold Sponsors ...
AgCountry Farm Credit Services works hard to meet the unique financial needs of farmers, ranchers and agribusinesses by providing competitive credit and financial services.
New Flyer was founded in 1930, as Western Auto and Truck Body Limited, and is now the largest transit bus and motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor in North America, with fabrication, manufacturing, distribution and service centers in the United States and Canada.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States, diversified in energy, grains and foods.
The Arthur Companies operates diverse agribusinesses, including grain elevators, a birdseed company and a wholesale fertilizer company.