Supervising at the U
Faculty and staff who oversee the work of others can find resources here to help them identify and recruit top talent, navigate questions from employees, and follow University policies and procedures.
Let's get started...
- Supervising at the U
A site to help you do your job more easily by providing you with human resources information, guidelines, and forms. These resources will assist and support you in your everyday work as a manager or supervisor.
- MyU > Manager Info
MyU has many resources for managers and supervisors. Here you can approve time & absences, manage schedules, delegate approvals and much more.
More resources by category...
Search Processes for Faculty and P&A Positions
Annual Performance Appraisals and Comprehensive Reviews
- Goal Setting and PAT Training (Video)
- Conducting On-Going Conversations (Video)
- Difficult Conversations (Video)
- Review of New Performance Appraisals Process (Video)
- Board of Regents Policy - Employee Performance Evaluation and Development
- NEW! Performance Management Process
- Sample Letter of Expectations
- Oral Warning Disciplinary Action (Form 1542)
Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
Additional Forms for Managers and Supervisors
- Office of Human Resources Forms Library - complete list
- Student Employment Agreement (Google Doc; to use: File > Make a Copy)
- UMC Position Request Form
- Sample appointment letter - temporary & casual appointments
- Request to Make Offer
- New Hire Department Checklists
- Supervisory Exit Interview Form - completed by supervisor
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire Booklet
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire Answer Sheet
- Job Review Questionnaire Form
- UMC Employee Death/Catastrophic Incident Action Checklist