The University of Minnesota Crookston will host its 2023 Homecoming celebration October 16-22 with multiple days of events engaging alumni and audiences of all ages. There will be home athletic games, Alumni Awards Celebration, socials, a homecoming dance, and, new this year, a parking lot party with inflatable games, food trucks, and more.
Register for Homecoming events by Thursday, October 12 to get an Alumni Homecoming 2023 Swag Bag by filling out the RSVP form here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSen6YeV7W0ETMUeN5Jpar9w2mt86RrTJoSAxaOfFbqZgSZHGg/viewform
2023 Homecoming Week events include:
- Monday, October 16
- (Students) Maroon & Gold Munchie Monday sponsored by GEE from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Northern Lights Lounge
- (Students) Trivia Night sponsored by DECA at 7 p.m. in Bede Ballroom
- Tuesday, October 17
- (Students) Hype! With Noah Sonie (magic/hypnosis/mind-reading) sponsored by GEE at 7 p.m. in Kiehle Auditorium
- Wednesday, October 18
- Wings on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Brown Dining
- (Students) Battle of the Dorms Volleyball Tournament sponsored by Residential Life, Wellness Center, and the Office of Educational Programs & Transitions at 6 p.m. in the Wellness Center
- Thursday, October 19
- (Students) Homecoming Bonfire sponsored by Residential Life from 6-9 p.m. in Parking Lot D
- Friday, October 20 - Maroon & Gold Spirit Day
- HOME Soccer vs. Wayne State at 3 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Soccer Field
- Classes of 1968 and 1969 Dinner at 5 p.m. at the Irishman’s Shanty (1501 S. Main St.)
- Alumni Awards Celebration (RSVP required) with a 5:30 p.m. social, 6 p.m. dinner, and program to follow in Bede Ballroom
- Honorees include Tashi Wongdi Gurung 2013 (Abbey [Promise] Award), Amy Loomer Longtin 1999 (Outstanding Alumni Award), Lisa Rongen Duckstad 1985 (Athletic Hall of Fame - basketball), Randy Lee 2001 (Athletic Hall of Fame - football), Frederick “RJ” Rollins 2007 (Athletic Hall of Fame - football)
- HOME Volleyball vs. Winona State at 6 p.m. in Lysaker Gymnasium
- HOME Hockey vs. University of Minnesota at 7 p.m. at the Crookston Sports Center (801 Fisher Ave.)
- Saturday, October 21
- Classes of 1968 and 1969 Breakfast at 9 a.m. at the Irishman’s Shanty (1501 S. Main St.)
- Banner Raising Event for the 1973 Championship Football Team from 9:30-10:30 a.m. in Lysaker Gymnasium
- Alumni & Friends Brunch with mimosas from 10-11 a.m. in Bede Ballroom
- Homecoming Parking Lot Party from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Crookston Sports Center (801 Fisher Ave.)
- HOME Hockey vs. University of Minnesota at 2 p.m. at the Crookston Sports Center (801 Fisher Ave.)
- HOME Volleyball vs. Southwest Minnesota State University at 2 p.m. in Lysaker Gymnasium
- Alumni & Friends Homecoming Social with Trivia from 4-6:30 p.m. at the Crookston Inn (2200 University Ave.) with trivia starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Classes of 1968 and 1969 55th Reunion Party (with class photo) at 6:30 p.m. in the North Shore Room at the Crookston Inn (2200 University Ave.) with cash bar and refreshments available
- (Students) Homecoming Dance with band “Silverado” sponsored by DECA from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Crookston Eagles Club; $10 admission
- Sunday, October 22
- HOME Soccer vs. Augustana University at 3 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Soccer Field
Some of the earliest recorded history of homecoming took place when the campus was home to the Northwest School of Agriculture. The alumni association was organized in 1911, and in 1913, an alumni banquet was held at the Palace Hotel in Crookston and all alumni were invited to this special home coming.
Today, many of the traditions of homecoming are carried on by the University of Minnesota Crookston including the recognition of accomplished alumni, athletic events, a bonfire, and a week of activities that ignite maroon and gold spirit.
Homecoming celebrates alumni. It is a time for remembering our legacy and building the sense of connectivity alumni have for one another and for this campus. That's why we say, "Go Maroon, Go Gold, Go Homecoming!"