Checkout and Renewing Materials
Whether an item may be renewed or how many times an item may be renewed is dependent on the item.
|Checkout Period||Renew||Notices Sent By|
|Books - Regular & Children's||4 weeks||Yes, total of 8 weeks|
|Videos/Periodicals||3 days||Yes, total of 6 days|
|Equipment/1 Day Reserves||1 day||Yes, total of 2 days|
|Short Term Reserves||3 hours||Yes, total of 6 hours|
Ways to Renew
Items can also be renewed in person, over the phone (218-281-8399), online, or by e-mail email@example.com.
To renew items, you can either do it yourself online or have a librarian assist you. Depending on the items you have checked out, you can either renew items individually or renew all.
To renew items yourself online:
- Go to the UMN Crookston Library Catalog
- At the top right of the screen you will see "Sign In"
- After you log in, using your University of Minnesota login and password, click on your name.
- To the left of your name, a link that reads "MY ACCOUNT" should appear. Click on that link, and the overview of your account should appear.
- To renew items, click on the "LOANS" tab.
To renew an item by email:
- please include the title and call number if it is a book and the magazine or journal name and the date, or volume and issue for a periodical and send to Ashley Helgeson - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renewing Interlibrary Loan Materials
To renew interlibrary loan material contact the Interlibrary Loan Office representative Ashley Helgeson - email@example.com - 218-281-8399. The ability to renew interlibrary loan materials is dependent on the library that lends it to us.