Before the semester begins

  • New student visits
  • Assistance with faculty contacts concerning classroom accommodations
  • Advocacy for access needs
  • Individualized building orientation tours
  • Priority registration (option) for qualified students
  • Accommodations for some sensory disabilities should be determined as soon as possible before the semester begins so that services outside the university may be procured if needed.

NOTE: Inquiries related to the availability of interpreter or captioning services should be initiated several months prior to enrollment because of limited availability of services in this area. UMN Crookston can work with remote real-time captioning services to meet the accommodation needs.

On-Campus Classrooms

  • Assistance arranging for peer note taker or permission for taped lectures
  • Access assistance for physical disabilities
  • Adjustable work stations
  • Alternative print formats/screen reader resources
  • Classroom accommodations/room rescheduling assistance

Online Classrooms

  • Testing accommodations
  • Online tutoring
  • Online Writing Center assistance
  • Access to web based applications for disabilities
  • Alternative print formats/screen reader resources

Out of the Classroom

  • Peer tutoring assistance (Student Success Center)
  • Testing services for those with accommodations
  • Advocacy for special needs
  • Individual counseling and/or support groups
  • Technology Help Desk
  • Resources for specialized computer software and some equipment loans
  • Assistance with on-campus housing needs
  • Referral to outside agencies for additional services not available at UMN Crookston

Additional Services & Resources

  • Provisional accommodations for one semester while student is exploring an undocumented disability. Note: Students with unaddressed disability concerns should come to the DRC as soon as possible.
  • Suggestions for Success
  • Disclosure Recommendations
  • Employment Search Resources
  • Campus Resources
    • Counseling Services
      Individual counseling services are free to UMN Crookston students

    • Student Success Center & Writing Center
      Make an appointment for feedback on assignments, resumes and more!

    • Tutoring
      Request to be matched with a personal tutor in most subject areas or take advantage of walk-in tutoring for math and science.

    • Health Services
      Make appointments free of charge to see the campus nurse or the visiting doctor. Call 218-281-8512 to schedule a consultation.

    • Residential Life
      Accessible apartments and accessible living aids including shower chairs are available through residential life.

    • Computer Help Desk
      Contact the Help desk for technical support for your technology devices and software

    • Career Services
      Learn about your talents, strengths and abilities.

    • Accessible Parking
      Find accessible parking spots on campus on the campus map. You can post your accessible parking hangtag in addition to the parking pass issued by UMN Crookston. Temporary accessible passes are available by visiting the DRC and asking for a parking accommodation.

  • Community Resources

    • Medical

      • Riverview Health
        hospital, emergency room, clinic
        323 S. Minnesota St. Crookston, MN 56716

      • Altru Clinic - Crookston Clinic
        400 S. Minnesota St Crookston, MN 56716

      • Altru - Main Clinic and Hospital
        1200 S. Columbia Rd. Grand Forks, ND 58201

    • Mental Health

      • Alluma
        603 Bruce St Crookston, MN 56716

        Mental Health Crisis Line -(800) 282-5005
        24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year

    • Disability Resources

    • Transportation - Paratransit services

      • T.H.E. Bus
        Destinations weekdays with scheduled stops on campus and door to door service.

      • Jefferson Bus Lines
        Connections to larger cities as well as the Grand Forks airport and the Amtrak station
        1345 Fairfax Ave. Crookston MN 56716

Students with access or accommodation issues NOT addressed should contact the Disability Resource Center.