On Sunday, March 8, the UMN Crookston Hunt Seat Team was the Regional Champion for the second year in a row. This means one rider for each class will be picked to represent the team down at Zones. We had 8 riders qualified individually for Regionals and 6 are moving onto Zones in Texas.
Here are some highlights from Sunday:
- Kayley Melton (Sophomore) will be representing our region as High Point Cacchione Rider at Zones!
- Rachel Johnson (Junior) placed 1st & Kayley Melton placed 2nd (So.) in Open Fences
- Morgan Schelske (Sophomore) placed 3rd in Intermediate Fences
- Taylor Barlage (Sophomore) placed 2nd in Limit Fences
- Kayley Melton (Sophomore) placed 1st & Rachel Johnson (Jr.) placed 2nd in Open Flat
- Morgan Schelske (Sophomore) placed 2nd in Intermediate Flat
- Kristina Schroeder (Senior) placed 2nd & Taylor Barlage (So.) placed 4th & Sarah Cartier (Jr.) placed 5th in Limit Flat
- Anna Woidyla (Sophomore) placed 2nd in Walk/Trot
- Amanda Olson (Senior) placed 4th & Katie Orth (Sophomore) just missed placings in Walk/Trot/Canter
Zones will be located in Canyon, Texas at the West Texas A&M Horse Center on April 4 and 5 at 9 a.m. both days.
About UMN Crookston
One of five campuses in the University of Minnesota System, the University of Minnesota Crookston cultivates curiosity by engaging students in hands-on learning connecting theory to practice. As the experienced leader in delivering education online, the Crookston campus offers a distinctive learning environment providing personal attention and mentorship to develop leaders, lifelong learners, and engaged citizens. Visit Crookston at umcrookston.edu
The University of Minnesota System, with campuses in Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester, and the Twin Cities, is driven by a singular vision of excellence. We are proud of our land-grant mission of world-class education, groundbreaking research, and community-engaged outreach, and we are unified in our drive to serve Minnesota. Learn more at system.umn.edu