Starting on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, through Friday, April 5, 2019, the University of Minnesota Crookston business department will be providing volunteer income tax assistance (VITA) to low-income households in Crookston and the region. The program is also open to college students.
The following is information that may be helpful regarding the VITA program.
VITA Office Location: Dowell Hall 117
Vita Office Phone Number: 218-281-8595
- Clients can use this number to call for appointments
- The number has voice mail for clients to leave a message
- Students will check voice mail messages daily
VITA Hours of Operation:
- Monday - 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday - 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday - 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Excludes Spring Break Week (March 18 - 22)
The tax preparation service will be provided by students enrolled in the ACCT 4420 Income Tax Preparation course. While students prepare the income tax returns, two faculty members (Barry Stephens and Kara Bowen) quality check the documents to ensure they are accurate.
If you have any additional questions about the VITA program, you can call Jana Brekken at 8176.