UMC Teambackers held their first annual Pickleball Tournament November 19-20, 2022 and raised $1,100 for University of Minnesota Crookston Golden Eagle Athletics.
“There were 53 registrants, six divisions, and loads of fun held at the campus Wellness Center,” said UMN Crookston Outreach & Engagement Director Michelle Christopherson. “What a great weekend it was.”
“Participants came from all over including Alexandria, East Grand Forks and Grand Forks, Park Rapids, Fargo, Devils Lake, Thief River Falls, Mentor, Fisher and Crookston proper,” she added.
- Senior Mixed Doubles - Veronica Whitehead and Steve Scholand (1st place), Stacey and Mark Wright (2nd place), Tami and Sam Halley (3rd place)
- Mixed Doubles - Troy and Megan Bowman (1st place), Chris and Jennifer Swanson (2nd place), Amy Schothorst and Trent Baumer (3rd place)
- Women's Doubles - Lisa Brown and Amy Schothorst (1st place), Kim Reardon and Sam Bales (2nd place), Renea and Cheryl (3rd place)
- Men's Doubles - Tyler Magee and Eric Davis (1st place), Tim Baumer and Trent Baumer (2nd place), Scott Cameron and John Carlson (3rd place)
- Senior Men's Doubles - Troy Boman and Mark Wright (1st place), Alan Brule and Sam Halley (2nd place), Scott Macmillan and John Kinzler (3rd place)
- Senior Women's Doubles - Suzie Kaiser and Veronica Whitehead (1st place), Mary Storrusten and Diane Merten (2nd place), Stacey Wright and Tami Halley (3rd place)
Teambackers next pickleball tournament will be in spring 2023.
“A special thanks to the Crookston and Grand Cities Pickleball Clubs for their support at our first annual tournament; keep an eye on our social media, we can’t wait to host another,” shared Christopherson.