The University of Minnesota Crookston is inviting everyone to their upcoming December events which include Holidays Around The World, Little Shop of Horrors musical comedy, Annual Poinsettia Sale, Teddy Bear Toss at the Golden Eagles hockey game, and Jingle Jazz Concert, plus many home athletic events to top it all off.
Holidays Around The World will be held December 7 from 6-8 p.m. at the campus residence halls Heritage, Centennial, Evergreen, and Skyberg. This event, which is hosted by international students and staff, will introduce holidays from Japan (Natsu Matsuri), Canada (Canada Day), Nepal (Tihar Holiday), and Mexico (Day of the Dead.) Snacks and activities will be provided such as making your own chocolate banana, rolling your own momo, eating poutine and maple syrup, and enjoying churros.
“Little Shop of Horrors” musical comedy will be presented by the UMN Crookston Music-Theater Department December 7, 8, and 9 at 7:30 p.m. in Kiehle Auditorium. Admission is $7 for adults, $3 for students, and free for UMC students. *Because of language and potentially scary scenes, this show may not be appropriate for children.*
Annual Poinsettia Sale: The Annual Poinsettia Sale brought to you by the Horticulture Program and the Commercial Fall Crops Class will be held December 7 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., December 8 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and December 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Sargeant Student Center Northern Lights Lounge.
Teddy Bear Toss hosted by the Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC): The Golden Eagles hockey team faces North Dakota State University on December 9 starting at 8:45 p.m. at the Crookston Sports Center and everyone who brings a teddy bear will get in for free. After the first goal, guests are asked to throw their teddy bears onto the ice and they’ll be collected to donate. Walmart Crookston recently teamed up with the UMC Teambackers to donate squishmallows for the toy toss. Get yours with a $10 Chuck-A-Puck purchase while supplies last. Chuck-A-Puck prices are $1 for one puck, $5 for six pucks, or $10 for three pucks and a stuffed toy.
Jingle Jazz Concert: The Crookston Community Big Band in collaboration with the UMC Choir will present a concert of holiday music in a jazz style December 11 at 5 p.m. in Kiehle Auditorium. The event is free and open to the public.
Check out Golden Eagles home athletics events:
- December 3: Women’s basketball vs. St. Cloud State University at 1 p.m. at Lysaker Gymnasium
- December 3: Men’s basketball vs. St. Cloud State University at 3 p.m. at Lysaker Gymnasium
- December 9: Hockey vs. North Dakota State University at 8:45 p.m. at the Crookston Sports Center
- December 10: Hockey vs. North Dakota State University at 2 p.m. at the Crookston Sports Center
- December 16: Women’s basketball vs. Minot State University at 5:30 p.m. at Lysaker Gymnasium
- December 16: Men’s basketball vs. Minot State University at 7:30 p.m. at Lysaker Gymnasium
- December 17: Women’s basketball vs. University of Mary at 3:30 p.m. at Lysaker Gymnasium
- December 17: Men’s basketball vs. University of Mary at 5:30 p.m. at Lysaker Gymnasium
- December 31: Women’s basketball vs. Bemidji State University at 12 p.m. at Lysaker Gymnasium
- December 31: Men’s basketball vs. Bemidji State University at 2 p.m. at Lysaker Gymnasium
Tune in to UMN Crookston’s events calendar for more great events!