Emotional wellness begins with managing your emotions in a constructive way, appreciating the feelings of others, and understanding and respecting your own feelings and values. The first step is to assess where you are now and determine what changes you wish to make. When self-help measures aren’t enough, seek professional help.
Tips for Optimal Emotional Wellness
- Be attentive to your thoughts and feelings
- Cultivate an optimistic attitude
- Seek and provide support
- Learn time management skills
- Practice stress management techniques
- Accept and forgive yourself