Extending the Classroom (ETC)
Extending the Classroom study groups provide guidance to enhance course understanding for several common classes taken by students at UMN Crookston. Students are able to attend the weekly study groups led by veteran tutors from the Student Success Center, who have successfully completed the course with a strong understanding of course content. The veteran tutors collaborate with faculty to tailor the study sessions to upcoming lectures, quizzes, and exams to help you actively engage with the course content. Any student in these classes is welcome to attend, but you are expected to come prepared by completing the reading and attempting the homework prior to the study group.
If you would like a Google Calendar reminder for these groups, please add your name to the Interested in Extending the Classroom List form and select the appropriate group you’d like to join.
For questions, contact email@example.com.
***FALL 2021 SCHEDULE***
CHEM 1001: Introduction to Chemistry
- Sundays at 7:00pm in Evergreen Classroom led by Bren Fox
SOC 1001: Introduction to Sociology
- Mondays at 5:00pm in Evergreen Classroom led by Abby Maunu
Biol 1009: General Biology
- Karl Anderson lecture sections: Wednesdays at 7:00pm in Evergreen Classroom led by Katie Hoehne
- Joseph Shostell lecture sections: Thursdays at 7:00 pm in Evergreen Classroom led by Katie Hoehne
ANSC 1004: Introduction to Animal Science
- Mondays at 6:00 pm in Evergreen Classroom led by McKenna Anderson
MATH 1031: College Algebra
- Tuesdays at 6:00 pm in Evergreen Classroom led by Alyssa Pavlacic
- Thursdays at 6:0 pm in Evergreen Classroom led by Katie Buttdolph