Free Transfer Credit Evaluation
Want to know how your previous college credits will transfer before you even apply? Request an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts by one of our professional advisors.
Fill out the form below or send us an email (email@example.com) with your major, semester you'd like to start, and attach your transcripts!
Attention: Starting December 1, 2022, you may experience a delay in receiving your pre-evaluation. Course registration is now open, which means advisors are supporting current and admitted students. If you are seeking a pre-evaluation and looking to enroll for Spring 2023, we recommend submitting your application for admission instead of pursuing a pre-evaluation as the deadline is December 15, 2022.
Students who are requesting an unofficial evaluation of non-U.S. university credentials will need to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by any institution that is a member of NACES.
Students may apply for admission at any time during the transfer evaluation process. For more on dates and deadlines, admission requirements for transfer students, and more click the apply button below.
Unofficial copies of transcripts can be used for an unofficial evaluation of transfer credit, however official copies will be need to be submitted when you apply for admission.
Transfer of Credits
- Previous coursework will be reviewed on an individual basis to determine transfer credits.
- Transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 semester credits (including the last 20 credits) and all major field requirements of the desired program at UMN Crookston.
- Only courses with a grade of D or better earned will be considered to fulfill requirements in general education and academic major courses.
- All courses not used to fulfill general education or major field requirements will be considered electives.
- A transfer student's GPA will be calculated using only courses completed at a University of Minnesota.
How and/or will my courses transfer?
Minnesota's public colleges and universities are working to make transferring easier. Plan ahead, ask questions, and use pathways created by transfer agreements. Refer to the Minnesota Transfer site for more information.
Further questions can be addressed by the Office of Admissions - firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-862-6466 ext 8569.