ESL Admission Application, Tuition and Fees
Application for Admission
To be admitted, international students must have completed studies equivalent to those required to graduate from high school in the United States. To apply for admission, prospective international students must submit the following:
- An application for admission - online application
- A Certification of Finances form
- A $25 non-refundable application fee in U.S. currency
- Official transcripts of high school or equivalent education in the original language and in English translation unless transferring from a college or university
- Official college transcripts in the original language and in English translation
- English proficiency test scores if you are from a non-English speaking nation. The University of Minnesota Crookston requires all non-native English-speaking students to demonstrate sufficient command of the English language necessary to succeed in college level classes taught in English. This proficiency must be demonstrated by results of the Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), DUO Lingo or the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB).
- ACT, SAT, or other standardized college entrance admission test scores (www.ets.org) if the international student is a native English language speaker. International students whose first language is English are not required to submit TOEFL scores.
Tuition and Fees
For current tuition rates and fees, please visit our Estimated Cost of Attendance section.
Laptop Computer Program
All UMC students, including ESL students, are provided college laptop computers as part of their tuition and fees. Nearly every classroom has Internet and electric power at each student seat. Wireless Internet is available throughout the campus. There is a Computer Help Desk and printers are widely available. All students are expected to write letters and papers using computers and to access the Internet for information searches as part of the learning environment. Students are required to use UMC email as the official means of communication during their enrollment at UMC. All dormitory rooms are wired for computers.
Health Insurance & Immunization Requirements
Please see Health Services website for more information.
ESL Students at the University of Minnesota Crookston with an F-1 visa must maintain full-time student status by carrying a minimum of 20 instructional contact hours (i.e., four ESL courses) per semester.