Would you like to donate or lease a horse or other equipment and supplies to the Equine Science program? There are many benefits!
Benefits to donating a horse or other equipment and supplies
- Donation has many benefits for income taxes.
- The knowledge that you are providing quality horses or supplies for the training of future professionals in the equine industry
Horses donated to the University of Minnesota Crookston are expected to have the ability to go right into UMC’s lesson program. Lessons are conducted 5 days a week with each horse being used 3-5 times per week on average. UMC does not accept horses with intention of selling them, however, if we feel the horse cannot meet the demands of our program, the horse may be sold or donated to an approved home with the donor having the first buy back option.
Type of horse desired
- Physically and mentally sound
- Can be used by riders of multiple skill levels
- Has a background in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Hunt Seat
- Saddle Seat
- Has a temperament that will allow the horse to thrive in a school environment
If you are interested in donating your horse please complete the Prospective Horse Donation Application . This form may be printed and mailed or you may include it as an attachment via email. If it is possible, please include photos and/or videos of your horse as well. This will help us to determine if your horse is suitable for our program at this time. Thank you for considering the University of Minnesota Crookston as a possible new home for your horse!
University of Minnesota Crookston
c/o Harouna Maiga
2900 University Avenue
Crookston, MN 56716
For more information about donating a horse or other equipment and supplies to the program contact:
Head, Agriculture & Natural Resources Department