Join our Eagles4Eagles Team!
- Are you passionate about health and wellbeing?
- Do you want to promote healthy behaviors to your fellow UMN Crookston students?
Counseling Services is hiring four Peer Health Educator positions for FY2022-2023.
Peer Health Educators are undergraduate students who are broadly trained to deliver health and well-being education, outreach, and intervention with their fellow students. Peer Health Educators (PHEs) are trained in areas of multidimensional wellness and peer-to-peer leadership to creatively and non-judgmentally deliver well-being messaging to their peers.
Peer Health Educators cover a broad spectrum of multidimensional health and well-being areas including:
- Physical Health (such as nutrition, movement, and sleep)
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug (ATOD) Prevention
- Sexual Health
- Bystander Intervention
Peer Health Educators facilitate interactive and engaging outreach opportunities designed to promote healthy lifestyles that foster a safe and inclusive campus environment.
- Develop, market, and implement outreach events and activities aimed at achieving measurable objectives.
- Engage and educate students while leading by example.
- Respect the confidentiality of student disclosures.
- Interest and enthusiasm for promoting healthy behaviors among your peers.
- Engaging, positive attitude.
- Open-minded and non-judgmental.
- Willing to lead and learn.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be enrolled in 6 or more credits at UMN Crookston.
- Sophomore status or above by Fall 2021.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Preference is given to students with a 2.5 GPA, but students above a 2.0 are encouraged to apply.
These four paid positions start at $15.00/hr for approximately 10 hours per week. Positions are available to with work study and non-work study funding. Peer Health Educator positions report to the Counseling Services Director. Peer Health Educators build their resumes with the following training:
- NASPA Certified Peer Educator.
- QPR training for suicide prevention.
- Leadership and communication skills trainings.