Students: Career & Internship Fair
Thursday, September 15, 2022
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sargeant Student Center
Don't forget to sign-up for the Career Champions Challenge! Who says there is no free lunch?
SIGN UP FOR THE FAIR
Log into Handshake (link above) and complete your profile. Be sure to submit your resume as employers can look it over before the fair!
- Enter your UMC username and password and click the blue "Sign In" button
- Complete your profile.
- Follow 5 steps to jumpstart your Handshake experience:
- Log in and decide on your profile privacy level
- Upload your resume to your profile
- Complete your profile - add education, work experience, extracurricular involvement, skills, and a professional photo
- Explore Handshake - find companies and jobs that you're interested in learning more about!
- Follow jobs and employers you're interested in - you'll also receive alerts when the job application window is closing or when an employer is attending an event or career fair at the University of Minnesota Crookston
PREPARE FOR THE FAIR
Before the fair:
- Review our Resume Guide
- Plan to target 3-5 organizations that truly interest you. Research the organizations attending using GoldPASS powered by Handshake, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, the UMN Business Reference Library, or a simple Google search.
- Visit Career Services in 270A Owen Hall. For resume review, email resume to email@example.com.
On the day of the fair:
- Dress in a way that is authentic to you, comfortable, and showcases how you would like to be viewed in a professional setting. It is also a good idea to dress in layers. If you have financial need for assistance obtaining professional clothing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a great video to learn more about what to wear to a fair.
- Bring at least 10 copies of your resume.
- We suggest leaving extra items such as backpacks at home.
After the fair:
- Send thank you notes to the employers you talked to 24-48 hours after the fair.
- Connect with the employers you talked to on LinkedIn.
- If the employer asked you to follow up in any way, do so! (For example, apply on the employer's website, reach out on LinkedIn, etc.)
Contact Nan Thurston or Rob Glarum at UMN Crookston Career Services